Articles on this Page
- 09/14/18--03:00: _SNEED: Bill Daley t...
- 09/14/18--08:53: _Bill Daley joins cr...
- 09/16/18--22:01: _Bill Daley on bid t...
- 09/18/18--09:42: _Just exactly what, ...
- 09/18/18--10:55: _You can’t stop cand...
- 09/24/18--07:46: _Axelrod’s predictio...
- 10/11/18--09:06: _Bill Daley tops $1 ...
- 10/15/18--09:28: _Daley pads lead in ...
- 10/25/18--09:07: _Bill Daley vows to ...
- 10/26/18--11:47: _What Bill Daley say...
- 11/02/18--14:01: _Susana Mendoza vide...
- 11/07/18--17:35: _Chance the Rapper t...
- 11/11/18--10:00: _Fact-check: What we...
- 11/14/18--14:26: _Susana Mendoza alre...
- 11/15/18--14:26: _Daley crime strateg...
- 11/16/18--03:30: _Bill Daley leads in...
- 11/16/18--03:30: _Chicago mayoral mon...
- 11/19/18--15:49: _Signature accomplis...
- 11/20/18--15:14: _Mayoral hopefuls of...
- 11/26/18--10:23: _A game of 21: Mendo...
- 09/14/18--03:00: SNEED: Bill Daley to make mayoral announcement Monday
- 09/14/18--08:53: Bill Daley joins crowded mayor’s race, will announce Monday
- 09/18/18--10:55: You can’t stop candidates from running for office
- 10/26/18--11:47: What Bill Daley says his brother ‘got wrong’ as Chicago mayor
- 11/11/18--10:00: Fact-check: What we’re watching as Chicago mayor’s race heats up
Sneed hears Bill Daley plans to announce his plans for a seat once held by his brother, Mayor Richard M., and his father, Richard J., next week.
The former commerce secretary plans to announce Monday that he is running for mayor, seeking the office once held by his brother and father.
Bill Daley tells Mark Brown he never considered challenging Mayor Emanuel. “I would not do that to a friend,” he said in announcing his candidacy.
Did Daley mean that once he is sworn in as mayor, Chicago will begin enjoying a period of greatness: more jobs, less crime, better race relations?
As bad as things are, you can’t discourage people from running for office. They seem not to care what people say about them.
MICHAEL SNEED: “I’ll give you two names ... in a sealed envelope the day before or after the primary and we’ll see how close I came,” Axelrod said.
The infusion of October contributions makes Daley, the son and brother of Chicago mayors, the first mayoral candidate to top $1 million.
The son and brother of Chicago mayors has piled up $1.32 million since belatedly joining the race less than a month ago after Emanuel dropped out.
Daley unveiled an ethics plan intended to separate himself from his brother’s mayoral tenure and prove his election wouldn't bring more of the same.
Bill Daley said he never would have sold the parking meters or allowed the pension crisis to fester. He said he'd close Meigs Field but in daylight.
WBEZ-FM Radio got a hold of a video of Mendoza declaring her candidacy for mayor.
Chance the Rapper is hosting a fundraiser for mayoral candidate Amara Enyia mid-month at Chicago Chop House.
The issues that have defined the contest so far, including gun violence, pension debt and public education, will remain important throughout the race.
Mendoza denied that she is a "wholly-owned subsidiary" of either the Hispanic Democratic Organization or of Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan.
Bill Daley said about his ambitious plan for more aerial surveillance, "I’d have a camera on every block in the city if I could."
With three months till the Chicago mayoral election, the hopefuls so far have taken in over $7.7 altogether — not even close to what Rahm Emanuel had.
Use our map and searchable database to understand how the election for Chicago's next mayor is being funded.
There is a legitimate element of bragging rights involved in showing up on the first day to show whose stack of signatures is biggest.
Mayoral candidates took to social media and issued statements to express thoughts, prayers and calls for action after Monday's tragedy.
Mendoza acknowledged that she got a late start because she first needed to get re-elected state comptroller.