Articles on this Page
- 05/04/16--17:54: _Sneed: Lucas museum...
- 09/01/16--11:16: _Clinton, Kaine, Tru...
- 09/07/16--17:55: _Sneed: Ricketts pat...
- 09/14/16--18:21: _Sneed: Hillary’s Ch...
- 10/13/16--07:11: _Clinton team asked ...
- 10/17/16--19:09: _Sweet: The inside s...
- 10/28/16--15:08: _Sneed exclusive: Ri...
- 12/12/16--18:20: _Sneed: Emanuel set ...
- 12/16/16--04:47: _Rahm Emanuel back i...
- 02/08/17--10:28: _Brown: Flirting ove...
- 02/08/17--16:05: _Sneed: Kennedy sees...
- 02/09/17--16:52: _Sneed: Former Mayor...
- 02/11/17--16:51: _Bill Daley backing ...
- 07/12/17--18:28: _SNEED: Shock, fears...
- 04/27/18--09:53: _Rahm Emanuel, Richa...
- 04/30/18--12:54: _Emanuel offers disp...
- 05/30/18--18:17: _Richard M. Daley, R...
- 09/04/18--17:17: _Toni Preckwinkle te...
- 09/04/18--18:29: _Surveying the polit...
- 09/05/18--10:41: _Flash poll finds no...
- 05/04/16--17:54: Sneed: Lucas museum struggle is its own drama
- 09/01/16--11:16: Clinton, Kaine, Trump hitting Chicago for fundraising
- 09/07/16--17:55: Sneed: Ricketts patriarch going to Cubs playoffs
- 09/14/16--18:21: Sneed: Hillary’s Chicago fundraising visit is still a go
- 10/13/16--07:11: Clinton team asked Bill Daley to move Illinois primary: WikiLeaks
- 10/17/16--19:09: Sweet: The inside story of Duckworth and Clinton from WikiLeaks
- 10/28/16--15:08: Sneed exclusive: River will be dyed blue if Cubs win it all
- 12/12/16--18:20: Sneed: Emanuel set for meeting of ex-White House chiefs of staff
- 12/16/16--04:47: Rahm Emanuel back in Washington Friday: White House, Pentagon
- 02/08/17--10:28: Brown: Flirting over, Chris Kennedy must now win voters’ hearts
- 02/08/17--16:05: Sneed: Kennedy sees gubernatorial run as a call to service
- 02/09/17--16:52: Sneed: Former Mayor Byrne’s sister is all in for Chris Kennedy
- 02/11/17--16:51: Bill Daley backing Buttigieg for DNC chair; hits Chicago Sunday
- 07/12/17--18:28: SNEED: Shock, fears and tears as heads roll in Rauner administration
- 09/04/18--17:17: Toni Preckwinkle testing the waters for possible mayoral run
- 09/05/18--10:41: Flash poll finds no clear favorite in Chicago mayoral race
No worries, Wookiee? No betcha, Chewbacca! The dramatic tug of war over the lakeside fate of the proposed Lucas Museum project housing movie mogul George Lucas’ legacy . . . has all the makings of a Hollywood drama. • The storyline: The first museum in America built by an African-American woman. • The players: “Star […]
Fundraising is stepping up and the Chicago area is a big source of political money, even if the state is expected to go with Hillary Clinton.
Go Cubbies! Hey! Hey! Flotsam and field notes hot off the steamin’ Cubbie ballpark: • Covering all bases: Sneed is told Joe and Marlene Ricketts, the conservative Republican/anti-Trump parents of Chicago Cubs’ Tom Ricketts, are expected to hit the Cubs playoffs next month, as well as Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts, a Donald Trump supporter. • Covering […]
Hillary is coming! It’s still on! Sneed is told Hillary Clinton, who is set to exit bed rest Thursday after a bout of pneumonia, is keeping Chicago on her month’s end schedule for a flurry of fundraisers. And powerhouse attorney Dan K. Webb has tossed his fundraising net. A die-hard Republican who went public urging his […]
Hillary Clinton's team asked Bill Daley to push House Speaker Mike Madigan, chair of the Illinois Democratic Party, to move back the state's primary.
The hacked John Podesta emails span about 10 years, providing a trove of usually impossible to obtain information.
Holy Cow! What’s in a color? Here’s what. Sneed is told Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s office is planning to dye the Chicago River BLUE if the Cubs win the World Series. It will follow in the Chicago tradition to dye the river green on St. Patrick’s Day. In addition, Sneed has learned the city is planning a ticker-tape […]
Emanuel has been asked by President Barack Obama's chief of staff, Denis McDonough, to attend a meeting of all former White House chiefs of staff.
WASHINGTON – Mayor Rahm Emanuel, the first chief of staff for President Barack Obama, returns to the White House on Friday for a transition tradition — a lunch for the incoming chief of staff. Emanuel and Bill Daley, the Chicagoans who served as chiefs for Obama, will be among those present at the gathering hosted […]
Kennedy has flirted with campaigns so often in the past that some stopped taking him seriously, but he has never gone this far.
Chris Kennedy. He possesses an old, legendary family name. But will his bid for governor of Illinois, which Sneed tipped exclusively Wednesday morning, translate as a fresh new face? Here’s what Kennedy told Sneed. “Mike, here is what I’ve learned from my family about politics. “If you’re in it to win, you’ll lose. “If you’re […]
Kennedy. Daley. Byrne. Is it all in the family? Well, sort of. Chris Kennedy, scion of the legendary Kennedy dynasty who just threw his hat into the gubernatorial ring, not only has the support of Bill Daley, a member of Chicago’s political dynasty, but he’s incorporated help from Carol Sexton, sister of the late Chicago […]
WASHINGTON – In the heated race to become the next chair of the Democratic National Committee, Bill Daley is endorsing South Bend Mayor Peter Buttigieg, who hits Chicago on Sunday to rally support for this bid. The two leading contenders for the top party post are former Labor Sec. Tom Perez and the first Muslim […]
Said an anonymous Rauner staffer: “Staff fear was at its height. Doors were shut. People were crying."
“It’s unseemly to keep blaming the previous administration," William Daley told the Sun-Times. "Come on. Put the big-boy pants on, and move on."
Last week, long-simmering tensions between Emanuel and the Daley family boiled over, with William Daley rising to the defense of his older brother.
It was an evening of ebullient chitchat, but Sneed is told Rich and Rahm were not chatty Chucks.
Sneed is told Toni Preckwinkle, who has insisted privately for eons she had no interest in running for mayor, is now eyeing the job.
Now it's really a race to see who would likely come in first and second, since a run-off is just as likely with no clear frontrunner.
The We Ask America poll has former CPD Supt. Garry McCarthy with 16.8 percent, followed by Willie Wilson at 15.1 percent — a virtual tie.